I’ve never been a fan of New Year’s resolutions. I aim for New Year’s GOALS, a few things to work towards throughout the year. Saying ‘Exercise every day’ isn’t very motivating, but saying ‘Run a 10-K’ gives you a reason to run.
* I want to work on my photography more this year, learning how to use my Nikon DSLR better in manual mode and practice composition techniques. (Perhaps to start a photography business in the future???) To help achieve this goal, I started a 365 Project on a little side blog — http://laurels365project.blogspot.com — which I intend to post a photo on every day for a year. Please stop by! 🙂
* I would like to be fluent in French by the end of the year so I’m going to start working on Rosetta Stone at least 5 times a week. I still need to determine a reasonable amount of time each day to work on it. Another aid to gaining French fluency? I’d like to read “Les Miserables” in French from cover-to-cover but I’m not sure I’m up to the task just yet. (This is a lifetime goal for me.)
* My brother gave me a scrapbook for Christmas that I am turning into a baby book for Evelyn. I’m planning on fixing at least 2 pages a month, updating it with milestones and photos. It is my intention to have it filled out by the end of the year to commemorate her first year.
* I have some exercise goals that I’m still hashing out as I’ve just begun to get back on my feet after giving birth. Starting out this time around after an exercise hiatus is a bit different with my body having changed from pregnancy as it never has before. I’m doing some research on good exercises to restrengthen my core and beginning to walk daily with Evelyn before I begin running again.
* I love to spend quality time with the people in my life that I love……especially my husband! 🙂 On that note, we are making it a priority to have a date night (or morning or afternoon) every Monday. My husband has the day off and many places are empty of people since it is during the normal work week. Our little ‘third wheel’ may be along for the ride most of the time for now, but it’s important that we have some time together despite our lack of ‘alone time.’
I will come up with more things as the year rolls on but it is always good to get things off to a good start in the New Year!